Friday, November 13, 2009

Malaria



Almost two weeks ago Becca, Chelcie, Fred, Dean, Alexandria and I visited a waterfall. A beautiful walk through the forest coupled with refreshing water was an ideal way to start off a new week. We had a great time swimming and playing in the crashing waterfall, getting beat down by the force of the water. On the way back I realized I was completely pooped and went to bed earlier than usual, figuring the day had really worn me out.

The next day I woke up still tired but thought that I just hadn’t slept well and started with my usual routine. As the day began I realized that something wasn’t right. I decided to take the rest of the day off. The rest of the day turned into the rest of the week; I had malaria. During this time I was completely sapped of energy. Simply getting out of bed to use the bathroom required all the energy I had in me. This was a horrible week.

Praise God I’m healthy again and am more thankful than ever for my present strength and energy. Vigor is a gift from God.

4 comments:

  1. Man! I am SO glad you are much better! Stay hydrated! As always, you are in my thoughts and prayers! Miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my . . . so happy you are feeling better. Take care!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Chris! I'm sorry to hear that you got sick but so happy to hear that you are better now! Yay! I've been praying for you and I plan to keep checking for updates so more pictures please! :) ~christy~

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks ladies! Can't wait to see each of you after I return!

    ReplyDelete